PRE-PUBLICATION SALE: LAUREL & HARDY
It’s almost here—the long-awaited release of the ULTIMATE EDITION of Randy Skretvedt’s Laurel & Hardy: The Magic Behind the Movies—and you can receive your copy MONTHS before its official release, autographed and numbered by the author.
This Special Limited Collectors Edition is currently at the printer, as an oversized 8.5 by 11 hardcover, with heavy glossy paper and all the trimmings of a top-quality art book, to help show off its 1,000 rare photographs and greatly expanded text.
• That’s nearly 50% more text and quadruple the number of photos of previous editions. Close to 800 of the images are new to this edition, and include many never-before-published, one-of-a-kind pictures from Babe Hardy’s personal collection.
• Exclusive quotes and fascinating anecdotes from interviews with more than 60 of the team’s co-workers, including producer Hal Roach, editors Richard Currier and Bert Jordan, musical director Marvin Hatley, actresses Anita Garvin and Dorothy Granger, and actor Henry Brandon.
• Detailed accounts of hilarious unused scenes, culled from the original scripts.
• Details about the locations where the team filmed many of their most famous scenes.
• Full cast and credit information for each film, providing the names of all the players and their roles as well as previously unknown members of the technical crews. And full information about the musical scores, including the titles of all cues and names of composers.
• Full information on the many films which are still missing, as well as a section about the “new” short subjects created for TV.
The book will go on sale from retailers nationwide beginning June 16, 2016. In the meantime, copies can be pre-ordered directly from Bonaventure Press. Pre-ordered copies will be shipped in April—up to two months before the book's official release—and will be numbered, signed by the author, and—while supplies last—accompanied by a free audio CD of excerpts from the author's interviews with L&H luminaries.
Remember, this is a LIMITED EDITION. Once this hardcover print run is sold out, it will not be reprinted.
® 2016 by Bonaventure Press